>> Deposit Products >> Current Account
- Current Accounts can be opened by individuals, partnership firms,
private and public limited companies, HUFs/specified associates, societies,
- As required by law, while opening this account, the Bank will satisfy itself
about the identity, including verification of address, of a person/s seeking
to open an account, to assist in protecting the prospective customer/s,
members of the public and ourselves against fraud and other misuses of the
- The Bank requires a satisfactory introduction of the person/s opening the
account by a person acceptable to the Bank.
- The Bank is required to obtain two recent photographs of the person/s
opening / operating the account, as per R B I directives.
- The Bank is required to obtain Permanent Account Number (PAN) or General
Index Register (GIR) Number or alternatively obtain declaration in
Form No.60 or 61 as per the Income Tax Act (vide Section 139 A) from the
person/s opening the account (i.e. including partners of Registered /
Unregistered partnership as also Registered / Incorporated bodies /
- The Bank will provide the prospective customers details of the documents
required for identification of the person/s opening the account in addition
to a satisfactory introduction. Documents normally accepted are the current
gas / telephone / electricity bill or voter's identity card or driving
licence or passport etc.
- Minimum balance as stipulated from time to time will be required to be
- No interest is paid on credit balances kept in current account.
- Service charges are levied for Ledger folio used, Cheque books issued,
Non-maintenance of minimum balance, Return of cheques etc.
- For opening special types of current accounts like for Executors,
Administrators, Trustees, Liquidators etc., the Branch Manager may be
contacted who will help in opening these types of accounts.
- As per RBI directive, the applicant (i.e. account opener) should declare in
the account opening form or separately that he is not enjoying any credit
facility with any Bank and if he does enjoy any facility / facilities, he
should declare full particulars thereof indicating the name of the bank and
name of the branch wherefrom he has availed these facilities.